Bayly Real Estate’s desire and passion is to help every vendor maximise the sale potential of their home
Attention to detail and extra effort in the beginning can help you save time, money and stress in the long run. In a competitive marketplace a well presented home can make all the difference, now more than ever the online presences of your home is everything.
Below is the checklist Bayly Real Estate recommend to help you get the most out of the sale of your home. Your agent will also run through an in depth property presentation checklist at your appraisal.
Organise and De-Clutter
- Declutter to free up space, making your home look and feel more. Remove unnecessary items from bookshelves and bench-spaces. Keep side tables and desks clear except for soft furnishings like flowers
- Sell or giveaway anything you don’t use or need. A helpful tip is if you haven’t used it in the last 12 months, do you really need it?
- Pack up items that you won’t need during the sale, store them in the shed or hire a storage unit
- Buyers want to see a blank canvas so they can imagine how they can make the home theirs
- Remove all personal belongings such as photos, awards, fridge magnets and valuables
- Decluttering also makes moving easier and ensures you don’t take unnecessary items with you to your new space
- Clean all those places you don’t normally pay attention to
- Dust blinds and wash curtains
- Clean windows and sills
- Clean around and under furniture
- Professional steam clean of carpets and tiles
- Clean walls, skirting boards, doors, and door frames with sugar soap
- Clean light switches, light fittings, ceiling fans and shelves
- Get rid of any smells by thoroughly cleaning, baking soda is natural and can work a treat!
Maintenance and Repairs
Take your time to go through your property and fix up any minor repairs. By attending to any necessary maintenance and repairs you can save time and money later in the negotiation process, especially if a buyer is seeking a building inspection.
- Thoroughly inspect the whole house inside and out
- Check all drawers, doors and cupboards have working hinges and tracks
- Inspect your walls for any cracks, holes, mould, excessive moisture or water damage and repair where necessary
- Check all windows are functioning, sealed and locks working
- Check plumbing in all wet areas for any leaking taps, sinks, toilets, and drains. Also check the tiles are in good condition or if they need any replacing or filling of grout
- Check all light switches, replace globes inside and outside (use higher wattage to increase brightness), check appliances, heating and cooling are in working order and repair if needed
- Clean gutters and check downpipes are in good repair
- Check and clean the outside of the home such as fences upright, clean out sheds, clean pavers, weed and tidy gardens and lawns, maybe even add some new plants or bark chips to freshen up the area
Bayly Real Estates passion for achieving incredible results for their vendors comes from years of “flipping houses” and industry experience. If they see an opportunity to create a higher price they will openly chat about what could be created and the difference it will make to the end result.
Bayly Real Estate has a roll up your sleeves attitude, they assist with organising quotes from their reliable team of trades. They will work on a before and after strategy that can increase the value significantly. They understand that this option isn’t for everyone but it is always important to think outside the box and explore all possibilities. Our top tips are below:
- Sometimes you need to spend money to make money
- It’s important to get advice before spending any money on renovations, which is where Bayly Real Estate can help. Often the more affordable, smaller options will create the most value – no need to complete a full bathroom renovation!
- It’s important that any renovations are going to increase the value of your home – only invest money to add value
- A fresh coat of paint can do wonders for your home – keep colours neutral get advice from your local paint store or knowledgeable agent about popular whites or neutral colours
- Replacing the kitchen bench-top or door handles can be a cost effective way to freshen up an area and add value
- Replace worn carpet, polish existing floor boards or change an area with timber laminate or tiles
- Replace old curtains with blinds to modernise your home
- Speak to Bayly Real Estate about your options to finance your renovations
Now that you have cleaned up and organised your home it is now time to make it stand out from the crowd.
Rearrange furniture and art work to maximise the feeling of space in each room and increase the light into each room.
If you are confident, you can do this by yourself. Otherwise we have a professional and experienced team that can do this for you, check out our styling page to see the results styling can achieve and even supply furniture for the duration of the sale process.
Selling your house should not have to be painful, following these steps can help you achieve the results you want faster.
Click on the link to book your free property appraisal where we can discuss all your property questions and goals in person