Bayly Real Estate’s desire and passion is to help every vendor maximise the sale potential of their home.
Attention to detail and extra effort in the beginning can help you save time, money and stress in the long run. In a competitive marketplace a well presented home can make all the difference, now more than ever the online presences of your home is everything.
Below is the checklist Bayly Real Estate recommend to help you get the most out of the sale of your home. Your agent will also run through an in depth property presentation checklist at your appraisal.
Organise and De-Clutter
- Spring clean – sell or giveaway anything and everything you don’t use or need
- Declutter to free up space, making your home look and feel more spacious
- Buyers want to see a blank canvas so they can imagine how they can make the home theirs
- Remove all personal belongings i.e. photos and valuables
- Start packing up items you will not need
- Hire a storage unit to store furniture and items you won’t need during the sale
- Makes moving easier and ensures you don’t take unnecessary items with you
- Attention to detail – clean all those places you don’t normally pay attention to
- Dust Blinds and wash curtains, if needed
- Clean windows and sills
- Clean around and under furniture
- Professional steam clean of carpets and tiles
- Clean walls, skirting boards, doors, door frames, light switches, light fittings, ceiling fans and shelves
- Get rid of any smells by thoroughly cleaning, baking soda is natural and can work a treat!
- Thoroughly inspect the whole house inside and out
- Check all door handles are working, doors, drawers and cupboards – hinges and tracks
- Inspect your walls for any cracks, holes, mould, excessive moisture or water damage
- Check all windows are functioning, sealed and locks working
- Check plumbing – leaking taps, sinks, toilets, gas, drains
- Electrical – light switches, replace globes inside and outside use higher wattage to increase brightness, appliances, heating and cooling
- Check gutters and downpipes are in good repair and clean out gutters
- Bathroom – loose or chipped tiles
- Exterior – fences, roof, clean out sheds, clean pavers, gardening and lawns, maybe even some new plants to add appeal and brightness remember to keep it simple
Take your time to go through your property and fix up any minor repairs.
By attending to any necessary repairs you can save time and money later in the negotiation process, especially if a buyer is seeking a building inspection.
Bayly Real Estates passion for achieving incredible results for their vendors comes from years of “flipping houses” and industry experience. If they see an opportunity to create a higher price they will openly chat about what could be created and the difference it will make to the end result.
Bayly Real Estate has a roll up your sleeves attitude, they assist with organising quotes from their reliable team of trades. They will work on a before and after strategy that can increase the value significantly and they understand that this option isn’t for everyone, it is always important to think outside the box and explore all possibilities.
- Sometimes you need to spend money to make money
- Important to get advice before spending any money on renovations, which is where Bayly Real Estate can help
- Important that any renovations are going to increase the value of your home – only invest money to add value
- A fresh coat of paint can do wonders for your home – keep colours neutral get advice from your local paint store or knowledgeable agent about popular whites or neutral colours
- Could a simple kitchen benchtop or handles replacement add value?
- Replacing carpet or replace old carpet with timber, laminate or tiles, polish floorboards
- Replace curtains with blinds to modernise your home
- Speak to Bayly Real Estate about your options to finance your renovations
Now that you have cleaned up and organised your home it is now time to make it stand out from the crowd.
Rearrange furniture and art work to maximise the feeling of each room and increase the light into each room.
If you are confident, you can do this by yourself. Otherwise we have a professional and experienced team that can do this for you, check out our styling page to see the results styling can achieve and even supply furniture for the duration of the sale process.
Run an oil diffuser with a light and a pleasant scent, citrus smells are uplifting and inviting
Selling your house should not have to be painful, following these steps can help you achieve the results you want faster.
Click on the link to book your free property appraisal where we can discuss all your property questions and goals in person